Are you interested in working in Finland's leading innovation ecosystem? We're looking for a Business Advisor for our Invest In & Growth Services for proactive sales and investment attraction work.
Espoo's innovation ecosystem is the growth engine of Finland and the leading innovation hub in Europe. We work with Finland's most important innovation drivers, most valuable corporations, emerging startups, and fast-growing scaleups. Our customers are well-known global players and tech-savvy growth companies. Working in this community is an opportunity to see first-hand the continuous and exciting development of the ecosystem every day.
Enter Espoo's mission is to attract companies, investments, and visitors to Espoo and help local players to succeed. Your task in this position is to help international companies engage with the Finnish innovation ecosystem and foreign venture capital investors to invest in local startups. Your goal is to identify new clients and implement activities together with our key partners and multicultural team. Your work will enable the creation of new jobs in Espoo.
We're looking for a person who understands international companies' innovation and collaboration activities, is used to working in an international environment, and has a successful track record in B2B sales of investment and business opportunities. You are sales and strategy-driven, like working with people and have a proactive working style. You should also have excellent communication and language skills, enjoy fast-paced and changing environments and be a real team player.
In this position, you:
- Identify leads and develop ways to attract them to set up and develop business operations in Espoo
- Manage foreign direct investment (FDI) projects
- Help international investors and VCs to find Espoo innovation community-based startups and partners
- Work actively with the local key partners to develop Espoo's innovation community (VTT, Aalto University, local corporations, and the City of Espoo)
- Work in close and active cooperation with relevant national and international key players
- Develop and execute aligned sales and marketing activities/campaigns together with the team
You are the right person if you have the following:
- A relevant master's degree
- Strong international B2B sales track record — preferably in FDI work but not mandatory
- Experience in innovation, technology and growth ecosystems
- Work experience from the professional or financial services industry
- Relevant foreign networks, especially in the United States, Japan, India, the Nordics or Germany
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment
- Fluent language skills in English (other languages are seen as an asset)
We offer you:
- A full-time, permanent position in the heart of Espoo's innovation ecosystem
- A fast-paced working environment in Europe's leading innovation hub
- A chance to build a better world with the leading key players in emerging industries
- An inspiring work environment, a multicultural team, and an opportunity to expand your network
- Sports and culture benefits, occupational health benefits and insurance, remote work insurance, and flexible work hours
Enter Espoo Oy is an agile and future-oriented city marketing company owned by the City of Espoo. Our main goal is to build sustainable growth for Espoo and Finland as well as our partners and clients.
Please send your application with the salary expectation via the recruitment system at 3:45 pm on 11 September 2023 at the latest. This is a permanent position and starts as agreed.
Contact us for more information:
For more information, please get in touch with Director, Growth Miska Hakala on 30 August between 11 am and 1 pm or 4 September between 11 am and 1 pm, tel. +358 40 737 4697, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.